Welcome to Grand Central Station!
Grand Central Station is the name of the children’s ministry at Grandview Christian Church, which serves children from birth through 6th grade. You can find GCS on the lower level of the church.
- Grand Central Station staff have been interviewed, references have been checked, and background checks completed on new staff.
- To ensure the kids' safety, we require each child be checked in through our computer-based check in system. Children are asked to wear a name tag and parents are given a corresponding pick-up tag. When parents return, we ask that they present their pick-up tag.
- Please make sure we know about your child's allergies. If your child is allergic to something, the information will be added to our computer system and added to your child's name tag. We rely on you to make sure this information remains current. Thanks!
- A first aid kit is kept at the Information Desk. A log book is used to record all first aid that is administered.
- Grand Central Station workers are instructed on how to evacuate the building. The evacuation plan is posted next to the door of each classroom.
Grandview provides two nurseries: infant and 1-year old. Please download our nursery brochure for complete details of each room.
Sunday Morning Schedule
The Grand Central Station staff will be ready to receive children 15 minutes before each worship service begins. Visitors should stop by the information desk at the entrance of Grand Central Station to check in their children before proceeding to their classrooms. A greeter will escort you and your child to their classroom.
- Infant Nursery
- 1 year old Sunday School
- 2 year old Sunday School
- 3 year old Sunday School
- 4s & 5s Sunday School
- K-3rd grade Kids' Worship
- 4th, 5th & 6th grade Sunday School
Sunday School Overview
- 9:30am, 1 year olds: an interactive class focused on creation.
- 2 year olds - 3rd grade: a class that is spending one year studying the life of Jesus using curriculum called Dig In!
- 4th grade: a class that is studying a one year overview of the Bible using the What's in the Bible? series
- 5th & 6th graders: a class that studies different biblical topics through a series called Vital Truth.
- Kids' Worship is for Kindergarten through 3rd graders. It's designed to prepare children to participate in congregational worship. Each week includes the Lord's Prayer, Communion, scripture readings, songs and a lesson. Families are encouraged to worship together as soon as their child is ready.
- We suspend elementary graded Sunday School and Kids' Worship in June and July and replace it with Summer Sunday School, which is essentially VBS Grandview-style.